I am a results-oriented professional with more than twenty years experience as an entrepreneur, programmer, consultant, instructor, writer and blogger. I’m proud of a long track record of success solving wicked problems and helping clients build and implement business software solutions, web sites, web applications and mobile applications.
I enjoy drawing upon two decades of real-world experience as an Application Architect, Database Architect, Database Administrator, Application Developer, Web Developer, Programmer, Systems Analyst and Project Manager to help our clients save and/or make money through the smart application of technology. I use my experience to teach my Cincinnati State students practical and pragmatic approaches to software development, business process automation and technology project management.
Career highlights include:
- Solution Architect and Partner at Definity Partners, LLC. Definity Partners purchased my company in October 2012.
- President and founder of Libertas Technologies, LLC.
- Partner and developer at MorVee, an innovative mobile coupon app for iOS and Android.
- Designed, built and deployed nearly 200 enterprise software applications, web sites and mobile applications for more than 100 clients.
- Received nearly 60 client testimonial letters over a seventeen year span from clients including: P&G, Toyota, Kroger, Avon, John Morrell, NCR, NKU, Long John Silver, TechSolve, Hobart, Hill-Rom, Rumpke and Cincinnati Milacron. See http://references.libertastechnologies.com
- 2012 Cincinnati Innovates HYPE Community Choice Award
- 2012 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award, 1 of 75 companies nationwide
- 2011 Goering Center for Family and Private Business, Private Business Award in the 0-24 years in business category
- 2011 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award, 1 of 75 companies nationwide
- 2010 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award, 1 of 75 companies nationwide
- 2009 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award, 1 of 56 companies nationwide
- 2009 Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Small Business of the Year, 1-50 employees
- 2008 Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Small Business “SUCCESS” Award
- 2007 winner, 2003 and 2004 honoree: Cincinnati Better Business Bureau “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics”
- 1 of 40 alumni featured in the NKU Entrepreneurship Institute’s Book “Lessons in Entrepreneurship”
- Authored/co-authored eleven books for Pearson Education, formerly Macmillan Computer Publishing. See http://publications.libertastechnologies.com
- Written over 100 articles published in numerous local and national media outlets including: the Cincinnati Business Courier, Cincinnati Post, Better Living, Corporate Logo, Professional Door Dealer and Digital Cincinnati. See http://articles.libertastechnologies.com
- 8th term member of Fort Wright, KY City Council ($4M budget, ~6,000 residents)
- Active or previous member of several non-profit boards and committees: NKY Chamber of Commerce, Deans Advisory Board; NKU College of Informatics, Parish Kitchen, Kid’s Voting NKY.
- Experienced technology instructor and speaker: 8+ years of teaching college level courses and over 15 years of on-camera TV experience including FoxBusiness (Bulls & Bears and Scoreboard), WKRC (Local 12), WXIX (Fox 19), WCPO (9), WLWT (5), WCET (48) and Insight Cable Channel 6. You can see many of the interviews on my YouTube channel.
- Numerous radio interviews including 55KRC, 700 WLW and WNKU
- Interviewed in numerous industry magazines including ComputerWorld, InfoWorld, CIO Update and The Lane Report.
- Interviewed twice for the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Technology Roundtable”
- BS Information Systems, NKU
- Numerous industry certifications including: CompTIA: Project+, i-Net+, e-Biz+, Network+, Security+; Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional; National Institute of Social Media: Certified Social Media Strategist.
- 1997 NKU Young Alumnus
- 2006 NKU College of Informatics Outstanding Alumnus
- Leadership Cincinnati Class 35
- 2003 Business Courier “Forty Under 40″
- 2000 Graduate of Leadership Kentucky
- 2000 Graduate of Leadership Northern Kentucky
- 2009 Torch Award judge
- 2006 Forty Under 40 judge
I’d love to come speak to your organization on any business related technology topic! Check out my YouTube channel where you can see more than 100 TV and radio interviews I’ve done over the last 15 years.
For more information, visit my profile on LinkedIn (I’m a LinkedIn fanatic with over 5,200 1st degree connections!), and by all means, send me an invitation to connect. I’m an open networker, the more connections, the better!
You can also follow me on Twitter.